Assists in installation, maintenance, and repair of distribution lines and related components and transmission lines and related components of the electric distribution system.
- May work on secondary lines independently or primary lines under supervision, depending on experience
- Installs and connects electric service and meters for residential and commercial buildings. Operates a bucket or pole setting truck
- Participates in training of ground men
- Properly utilized personal protective equipment in the course of work
- Follows safety practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Electric Distribution Superintendent and/or assigned crew leader
Work is performed primarily outdoors in all types of weather. Employee may be subject to electrical hazards, noise, dust and other conditions encountered at job sites.
Essential Physical Skills:
Ability to climb, lift to 100 pounds, and operate equipment and tools, use both hands simultaneously.
High school diploma or GED Certificate. One to two years experience as a Groundsman to become an Apprentice Lineworker I. Two to three years experience as an Apprentice Lineworker I (or equivalent) to become an Apprentice Lineworker II. Must have Commercial Driver’s License. Must have a phone.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.Contact Us