Installs, maintains, and repairs distribution lines and related components and assists in these operations with transmission lines and related components of the electric distribution system.
- May work on secondary or primary lines independently. Installs and connects electric service and meters for residential and commercial buildings. Operates a bucket or pole setting truck.
- Participates in the training of groundmen or apprentice lineman.
- Properly utilizes personal protective equipment in the course of work.
- Follows safety practices.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the Lead Lineworker or Electric Distribution Superintendent.
Electric Distribution Foreman and/or Lead Lineworker
Line crews as directed by supervisor.
Work is performed primarily outdoors in all types of weather. Employee may be subject to electrical hazards, noise, dust and other conditions encountered at job sites.
Essential Physical Skills:
Ability to climb, lift and operate equipment and tools, use both hands simultaneously.
High school diploma or GED certificate and Journeyman Line Worker certification along with a minimum of 4 years practical work experience in the field of modern electrical transmission and distribution systems. Candidates considered without the above education or experience shall be required to complete a 4-year Journey Line Worker apprenticeship program. Valid driver’s license. Must have a phone.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.Contact Us